319th MDG System Upgrade
By 319th Reconnaissance Wing Public Affairs, 319th Reconnaissance Wing
/ Published April 06, 2021
GRAND FORKS AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. -- What is MHS GENESIS?
- MHS GENESIS is the new electronic health record (EHR) for the Military Health System. It is the single, continuous record of care that will support the provision and coordination of care for 9.5 million TRICARE (i.e., service members, retirees, and family members) beneficiaries worldwide. Full deployment of MHS GENESIS, in all military hospitals and clinics, is expected to be complete by 2023.
How does this affect customers?
- Less appointment availability in the first few weeks due to implementation of the new system and adapting to new processes. Availability will increase as new process workflows are integrated to routine operations.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for appointments scheduled after April 24th, this will help document forms and set up patient profile.
- Appointments may run longer due to this upgrade.
What should I do now, prior to the transition on April 24th?
- Schedule routine care
- Refill prescriptions
- Complete lab and radiology appointments
- Create the online MHS GENESIS Patient Portal Account early via https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil/. For access, non-CAC holders will need a DS-Logon. Don't have one? Click link & choose "DS Logon/CAC Sign In", then “Need An Account”.
Follow the 319 MDG Facebook page for updates at: https://www.facebook.com/GrandForksAFBMDG