Military Personnel Flight

The Grand Forks AFB Military Personnel Flight provides personnel support and services to civil servants, contractors and dependents in the Northeast portion of North Dakota, as well as Minnesota, Michigan and Canada. The mission of the MPF is to provide timely and accurate personnel support to Grand Forks Air Force Base Airmen, civil servants and families, as well as to geographically separated units and military retirees. The MPF is a one-stop shop for all personnel matters including base in-processing, assignments, reenlistments, retirements, evaluations, decorations, identification cards and Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.


Our team’s top priority is unparalleled customer service. We hope that we are always meeting your personnel needs in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner, and we welcome your feedback!


The MPF is currently located in Bldg. 101, first floor, 226 Steen Blvd., Grand Forks AFB. Please call 701-747-3165 for any questions or concerns regarding your personnel needs. The MPF is open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. every weekday, except the first Thursday of every month due to training.



Military ID & DEERS Updates

Military Identification Cards & DEERS Updates:


Appointments are highly recommended because wait times for walk-in customers may exceed one hour. To book an appointment online, please go to For any questions you may have regarding DEERS and ID cards, please call Customer Support at 701-747-3165 option 1.


Online ID Renewal for Military Dependents


To initiate a USID renewal online please go to The overall process for online ID renewal may be found in the 'Online Uniform Services Identification Card Renewal Pilot Frequently Asked Questions' attachment on the right side of this page.



Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) and Federal Identity Processing Standard (FIPS-201) requires TWO forms of identification documents for initial issue and replacement of ID cards.


Lost or stolen Common Access Cards are accountable government property. A statement of lost or stolen ID must be provided before a replacement CAC can be issued. Lost or stolen CACs must be reported to the 319th Security Forces Squadron, Law Enforcement Desk, bldg. 339, 1st floor.


For initial issue or renewal of any type of military ID card (CAC, dependent, or retiree etc.), all DEERS-eligible customers must have two forms of ID to include other specific items for the type of DEERS update being requested. One must be a valid state or federal issued photo ID. The second form of ID can be a social security card, birth certificate, valid passport, or any from this list. All documents MUST be original or certified true copies.


NOTE: The sponsor is always required to be present for any DEERS update unless a Power of Attorney (POA) has been issued specifically authorizing the ability to update DEERS.


‚ÄčRequired Documents for Initial Enrollment of Spouse and Children


New Spouse: sponsor presents spouses photo ID, SSN card or birth certificate, and proper marriage license or certificate.


Newborns: sponsor present either a properly completed certificate of live birth, or birth certificate and SSN card.



For 100% disabled American veterans, step-children, wards, legal custody, foster, adoption, incapacitated children and other conditions, there are considerable additional requirements. Please call ahead for specific required documentation prior to your visit, as we will be unable to assist you without these items.