Welcome to the 319th Security Forces Squadron virtual Visitor Control Center. Please reference the following sections for instructions on how to request base access for visitors and contractors, register your weapons, and how to receive your restricted area badge.
- The Grand Forks AFB Visitor Control Center/Bldg. #812 is open from 0700-1530, Monday-Friday.
- The Grand Forks AFB Commercial Visitor Control Center/Bldg. #147 is open from 0700-1600, Monday-Friday.
- All locations are closed on federal holidays, down days, and family days.
Request for Pre-Approved Short-Term Visitor’s Pass (319 SFS Form 74a)
Firearms Registration (AF IMT 1314)
Qualification to Possess Firearms or Ammunition (DD Form 2760)
Privately Owned Firearms (POF) Acknowledgement Letter
Eligible Members: Visitors/Contractors who will be traveling on and off the installation, ranging from >1 day up to 30 days.
Where to Obtain: The Grand Forks AFB Main Gate Visitor Control Center or Grand Forks AFB Commercial Visitor Control Center
How to Obtain a Short-Term Visitor Pass:
1. Sponsors and their visitors will report to the South Commercial Visitor Control Center or the Main Gate Visitor Control Center for issuance of a visitor’s pass.
2. Sponsors will provide a valid and current identification that allows sponsorship, e.g. DoD ID, CAC, DBIDS credential, etc.
3. Visitors will provide a valid and current identification, e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, State ID, etc., along with vehicle insurance and registration, if driving separately from their sponsor.
NOTE: Foreign Nationals require a three-day notice, due to vetting requirements.
Main Gate VCC: (701) 747-3587/4283
Commercial VCC: (701) 747-5178
Visitors may report to the Main Gate/Bldg. #144 after-hours or during federal holidays.
Eligible Members: Visitors who will be traveling on and off the installation, ranging from 31 days up to 365 days.
Where to Obtain: Main Gate Visitor Control Center
How to Obtain Long-Term Visitor's Pass:
1. All sponsors, sponsoring organizations, or visitors inquiring about long-term visitor’s passes will contact 319 SFS Pass & Registration for more information and required documentation.
2. Once package has been approved by the 319 MSG/CC, visitors may schedule an appointment HERE and select the DBIDS Option.
(701) 747-4234 or (701) 747-4379
E-mail requests may be sent through .mil or encrypted accounts from sponsors or sponsoring organizations to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible Members: The host of an event that requires ten (10) or more non-base affiliated personnel.
Where to Obtain: 319 RW Public Affairs Office
How to Request a Special Event: Requests may be sent to the 319 RW Public Affairs. Contact Public Affairs at 747-5023 or by e-mail at 319RW.PA@us.af.mil
Contact Information: (701) 747-5023
Eligible Members: Any visitor/contractor who will be requesting installation access, ranging from >1 day up to 7 days. NOTE: SFS Form 74a will not be processed until Monday, August, 9th, 2021.
Where to Obtain: The Grand Forks AFB Main Gate Visitor Control Center
How to Obtain a Pre-Approved Short-Term Visitor’s Pass:
1. Sponsors will provide SF Form 74a to their visitors. SF Form 74a will not be submitted no earlier than 72 hours prior to the requested start date.
2. Visitors will read and review all portions of this document and complete Part 2 – Visitor Information. Visitors will also provide a clear/legible scanned/photo copy of the front and back of their valid identification, e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, State I.D., etc. to their sponsor.
3. Sponsors will review completed SFS Form 74a and complete Part 3 – Sponsor Certification/Validation, signing that they have understood and validated all information on this form. This document and the scanned/photo copy of the valid I.D. will be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, sponsors may hand carry the form to 319 SFS/S5P. All SF Form 74a documents will be e-mailed from .mil encrypted accounts ONLY.
4. Pass & ID will notify the sponsor via e-mail if the request was approved. Visitor(s) and sponsor will then report to Bldg. #812 and will be issued the visitor’s pass.
Eligible Members: Contracted personnel who will be traveling on and off the installation, ranging from 31 days up to 365 days.
How to Obtain Contractor Card:
1. Sponsoring Organization’s will provide contractors with 319 SFS Form 74.
2. Once completed, 319 SFS Form 74 will be sent back to Sponsoring Organization, who will submit the signed and completed form to 319 SFS Pass and Registration.
3. Pass and Registration will notify Sponsoring Organization if access has been approved or denied.
4. If denied, a rebuttal package may be initiated with Pass and Registration.
5. If approved, contractors may schedule an appointment HERE and select the DBIDS Option.
6. Contactors will report to Main Gate VCC for Contractor ID pick-up.
NOTE: If contractors require a visitors pass to enter the installation, Sponsoring Organization POC’s will report to the South Commercial Gate VCC to sponsor. Contractor will show proof of valid ID, vehicle insurance and registration upon arrival at the South Commercial Gate. All contractors MUST enter base via South Commercial Gate.
Eligible Members: Base personnel who reside on the installation who own firearms.
Where to Obtain: Main Gate Visitor Control Center
Weapons Registration is MANDATORY for all personnel residing on Grand Forks AFB. You must register your privately owned firearms within 72 hours of purchase or arrival to the installation.
If you reside in Base Housing:
1. Register your weapons with Pass and Registration. Unit First Sergeants may be contacted for required forms.
2. Complete the POF Acknowledgement Letter, DD Form 2760, and AF IMT 1314. Ensure your Unit retains a signed copy of DD Form 2760 or other required forms.
3. Hand carried or electronic forms will be accepted to register weapons. E-mail forms to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact (701) 747-4234 or (701) 747-4379 for any further questions.
If you reside in the Dorms or Billeting:
1. Personnel residing in dorms and billeting will store weapons in the Security Forces Armory. Upon arrival to armory, fill out DD Form 2760, AF IMT 1314, and AF IMT 1297. Personnel are required to bring their CAC upon registration. (Note: Personnel must notify the Armory 24 hours prior to weapons withdraw).
Contact (701) 747-3823 for any further questions.
Eligible Members: As determined by Unit. Please contact your Unit Security Manager for further information.
How to Obtain Restricted Area Badge:
1. Members will contact their Unit Security Manger to confirm that AF IMT 2586 is complete and with 319 SFS Pass & Registration before scheduling an appointment for RAB pick up.
2. If complete, members may schedule an appointment HERE and select the RAB Option.
3. Personnel will have their CAC and be in uniform to receive their badge.
Contact your Unit Security Manager with any further questions.