Colonel Jason Dillon is the Commander, 319th Operations Group, 319th Reconnaissance Wing, Grand Forks AFB, ND. He is responsible for the operations, maintenance, and training of the Air Force’s worldwide high-altitude Global Hawk aircraft and personnel. The Group consists of four operational squadrons, three detachments, and one maintenance squadron to train, maintain, and employ EQ-4 (Block 20) Battlefield Airborne Communication Node (BACN) aircraft, RQ-4 (Block 30) Multi-Intelligence payload aircraft, and RQ-4 (Block 40) Radar Technology Insertion Program (RTIP) aircraft in support of President, Secretary of Defense, and worldwide Combatant Commander national security requirements.
Col Dillon enlisted in the Air Force in 1992 and was later commissioned through Air Force ROTC in 1999. He attended Undergraduate Pilot Training at Columbus AFB, Miss., graduating in 2001. He has had several flying and staff assignments including, Squadron Commander, Director of Operations, Installation Inspector General, Division Chief (NAF) and Wing Chief of Safety.
Col Dillon is a Command Pilot with more than 1,600 flight hours including more than 400 combat and combat support hours with participation in Operations CENTRAL ENTERPRISE, SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, and TOMODACHI. Prior to his current position, he was the Alliance Ground Surveillance Branch Chief, NATO Air Command, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
1999 Bachelor of Arts in Human Ecology, University of Tennessee,
1999 Aerospace Basic Course (In Residence), Maxwell Air Force Base,
2005 Squadron Officer School (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Squadron Officer School (In Residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Human Resource Management, Webster University, Spokane, Wash. 2009 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Air War College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1992 - October 1992, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. October 1992 - February 1993, Student, Crash Fire Rescue School, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. February 1993 - February 1995, Firefighter, 20th Civil Engineering Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
4. July 1996 - August 1998, Firefighter, 134th Air Refueling Group, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
5. July 1999 - July 2000, Assistant Training Officer, 79th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
6. July 2000 - October 2001, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
7. October 2001 - February 2002, Student, KC-135 Basic Qualification Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
8. February 2002 - May 2004, KC-135 Pilot, 92nd Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Texas
9. May 2004 - February 2005, Stan/Eval Liaison Officer, 92nd Operations Group, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
10. March 2005 - August 2005, Student, Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas.
11. August 2005 - April 2006, T-37 Instructor Pilot, 41st Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
12. April 2006 - June 2007, Student Flight Commander, 14th Operations Support Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
13. June 2007 - December 2007, Assistant Director of Operations, 14th Operations Support Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
14. January 2008 - November 2008, Mobility Flight Commander/U-2 Mission Planner, 99th Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
15. November 2008 - May 2009, Student, RQ-4 Basic Course, 1st Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
16. June 2009 - July 2010, Assistant Director of Operations (EUCOM), 12th Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
17. July 2010 - July 2012, Director of Operations, Detachment 3, 9th Operations Group, Andersen AFB, Guam.
18. July 2012- July 2013, Inspector General, 36th Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam.
19. July 2013 - July 2014, Chief of Future Operations, 7th Air Force, A3/5, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea.
20. July 2014 - August 2015, Chief of Safety, 319th Air Base Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
21. August 2015 - July 2017, Commander, 7th Reconnaissance Squadron, Naval Air Station Sigonella, Italy.
22. July 2017 - July 2020, Alliance Ground Surveillance Branch Chief, NATO Air Command, Ramstein AB, Germany.
23. July 2020 - June 2021, Chief Advanced Combat Concepts Divisions, ACC, Plans, Programs, and Requirements Directorate, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
24. June 2021 - Present, Commander, 319th Operations Group, Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2017 - July 2020, Alliance Ground Surveillance Branch Chief, NATO AIRCOM, Ramstein Air Base, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 1,600
Aircraft flown: T-37B, T-1A, KC-135R/T, RQ-4A/B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Joint Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and eight oak leaf clusters
(Current as of June 2021)