|COL JOE L. LINDSEY|
Colonel Joe L. Lindsey is commander of the 319th Mission Support Group, Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota. Colonel Lindsey commands the wing's largest and most diverse group, comprised of over 1,300 Airmen and civilian personnel. He leads seven squadrons that provide logistics, civil engineer, contracting, communications, security, airfield operations, and force support functions as well as facilities and equipment valued at $2.2 billion. Colonel Lindsey identifies and prioritizes the group's mission requirements as he executes a $48 million budget. The group is also only one of two locations worldwide operating and maintaining the High Frequency Global Communications System, providing operational support of senior leader communications for all Department of Defense agencies, including the President of the United States. Colonel Lindsey also provides facilities and equipment support to mission partners that include the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, and Detachment 1, 69th Reconnaissance Wing.
Colonel Lindsey was commissioned through East Carolina University's Reserve Officer Training Corps program in 1989 after earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting with honors. His career includes numerous financial management and comptroller positions at every level in the Air Force. Additionally, he has commanded twice at the squadron level. The Colonel's recent deployment history includes serving in a combat environment as the Chief of the Comptroller Division (J-8), Office of Military Cooperation--Afghanistan.
- 1989 Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- 1997 Master of Business Administration, Webster University, St Louis, Missouri
- 1998 Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- 2003 Master of Military Operational Art and Science Degree, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- 2009 Air War College (correspondence)
- 2012 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, National War College, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- July 1990 - June 1992, Deputy Accounting and Finance Officer, 401st Fighter Wing, Torrejon Air Base, Spain
- July 1992 - December 1994, Chief, Accounting and Finance and budget officer, 410th Bomb Wing, K. I. Sawyer Air Force Base, Michigan
- January 1995 - December 1996, Chief, Budget Division, Headquarters 11th Wing, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
- January 1997 - December 1997, Chief, Financial Management Operations, Headquarters 11th Wing, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- January 1998 - October 1999, Contingency Operations Analyst, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia
- November 1999 - April 2001, Comptroller Staff Officer, Air and Space Expeditionary Force Center, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia
- May 2001 - June 2002, Executive Officer, Comptroller Directorate, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia
- July 2002 - June 2003, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- July 2003 - July 2005, Commander, 99th Comptroller Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- August 2005 - May 2006, Director of Staff, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- June 2006 - June 2008, Commander, 43d Services Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina
- July 2008 - May 2010, Chief, Corporate Support Team, Budget Programs & Integration, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- June 2010 - July 2011, Military Assistant, Auditor General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- August 2011 - June 2012, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- July 2012 - Present, Commander, 319th Mission Support Group, Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
1993 - Air Combat Command Finance Office of the Year
2007 - Air Mobility Command Services Field Grade Officer of the Year
2009 - Air Force Budget Officer of the Year (Headquarters United States Air Force Level)
2009 - Outstanding Contribution to Financial Management and Comptroller--Officer (Headquarters United States Air Force Level)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 16 December 1989
First Lieutenant 1 March 1992
Captain 1 March 1994
Major 1 April 2001
Lieutenant Colonel 1 April 2006
Colonel 1 October 2011
(Current as of April 2013)